Thursday, June 30, 2011

Doctors back driver smoking ban

BBC News - Doctors back driver smoking ban

Doctors at their Association meeting in the Uk are to propose a ban on smoking in all cars. Smoking has been banned in working vehicles, vans, trucks buses, light vans and taxis, for a while and now. However they want a blanket ban.
Taxis drivers are in a strange position. A taxi is a dual use car. Working and social. Taxi drivers have been fined for smoking, even though they are off duty, perhaps collecting family shopping. They consider that they are, then, in social use. The Law lists the vehicle types which includes a taxi, whether working or not.!
I don't smoke and never have done. I don't mind, much, if peeps smoke. But I will not have it, when I am eating!!!!
I can never understand how, many, more, fag ends don't land in driver's laps or why more hot ash blows doesn't blow back in the window, into an eye. The sudden glow of a match, at night, or even on dull days, must affect vision.I have seen bikers, riding along, with a cigarette pointing out of their helmets !!!
A ban while the vehicle is moving would do me, just like not phoning, unless hands free, or texting while moving is banned.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube