Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April First Already.

Well, already, it is April tomorrow. I don't know about you, but this first quarter has just flown by for me.It only seems like last week was New Year! Maybe it is the snow that is causing a bit of deja vu. How about that snow? Sad about the kids on the bus.
A mother who withdrew her son, from the trip, was on TV saying, "how could a professional driver go out and head to Alton Towers in that weather?" Or words to that effect. Well it is simple dearie. The guy was an employee. Yes, he could have refused to go, but to what end?
The snow was localised and not on the M6 or at Alton Towers. The contract was taken by the bus company and presumably a contract with Alton Towers had been made. Maybe he just didn't want to let the kids down !
I was a self employed taxi driver for some years among other things. Quite frankly, I didn't go out much during snow and ice for fear of damage and heavy repair bills. If I was out. we all had agreed, on our system, that we went to the nearest point reached in safety. I remember getting stuck in one of the cul- de-sacs at the top of Spateston housing scheme which had an icy road entrance. I tried and tried to get out. High gear and take a run at it. Low gear and crawl. But the incline was beating me. Eventually I turned round put it in reverse and got out. Reverse gear is a 1;1 ratio and the best in the box.
BTW Remember to hit friends and neighbours, before noon, tomorrow, with practical jokes for April Fool's Day.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube