Monday, July 01, 2013

Getting Started: Prepping For a Two-Week Power Outage

Activist Post: Getting Started: Prepping For a Two-Week Power Outage

Electricity,or the lack of it, is my big worry. In Scotland,I lived and worked through the three day week,sitting in an office with candles on my desk! I read,the other day, that the Uk is expecting power shortages in 2015 because of the increase in use.
Last Friday, I got four bottles of propane. I have two,portable gas fires and can attach a gas ring to a bottle. So I would have heat,food preparation and a degree of light to save using candles.I have two chest freezers and a fridge/freezer. I buy and store bargains. Half price or three for the price of two offers,sort of thing. So I have plenty of food. The units need electricity and if they are off any longer than 15/18 hours,in one stretch, I would have serious hassles. I don't think that long stretches will happen because supermarkets would have the same problems..
As part of my plan ahead policy,I now have food and heat. I use a pre pay meter to buy electricity, So in Summer, I stock it up for the Winter. It has about £140 credit just now and by September I will put another £100 in. This plan ahead system really works,well.
In Summer, I prepare for Winter and vice versa. I buy Winter cloths,cheap, in Summer sales. Replace duvets towels and anything else that I need. The fuel money, that I am not using, covers the home shopping catalogues, from which I buy my household and clothing needs.. So here we are at July and I have enough propane to last two,maybe three months. I will have enough Electricity,on credit,to last the Winter. I have enough food. The only thing that I will have to pay next Winter is a phone bill.!!

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube