Thursday, December 15, 2011

Six million eligible voters not registered, says Electoral Commission

Six million eligible voters not registered, says Electoral Commission | Politics | The Guardian

I voted for the first time in 1968. I just wanted to see what it was all about. I immersed myself in it all, listening to this and that talking head. I trot up to my local school and find that the Liberals were not putting up a candidate, So I tick the Conservative box as I had no faith in Labour. In the West of Scotland, Labour was always the winning party and very few bothered to go and vote for anyone else as they were losers from the start!!
The Labour winner was announced, that time, as they has been at every election since then!!! I thought, to myself, what is the point?  I never voted in elections from that day forward. My only other foray was to vote against joining the EU.
When the results, of the Labour winner, have come in, over the years, I have been doing the maths. They win on less than half of the possible number of votes cast!!  So, to my mind, the majority of the registered electorate either don't want them to win or are so confident that the don't have to bother. I would like to see it made an offence, not to vote. This would cut out all of these 'winners' who get 40% of the votes cast, from about 35% of possible votes.
Say 100,000 possible votes. 35,000 vote and the winner gets 14,000. the other 21,000 going to Liberal, SNP,Conservative and various non entities who split the voting up. So the 'winner' gets 14% of the possible vote!!! That is 86% against them, to me.!!!!

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube