Friday, December 23, 2011

Cost of energy bills was £100 more this year than in 2010, as wholesale price of gas pushed average energy bill to £1,175 | Mail Online

Cost of energy bills was £100 more this year than in 2010, as wholesale price of gas pushed average energy bill to £1,175 | Mail Online

I can't understand why people don't organise themselves, properly, to avoid big bills. I have been in family homes where kids run about leaving internal and external doors wide open!!! This has to be addressed. By fitting doors with those auto closing pump things, I bet they would save a fortune and you only have to do it once!!
Another cracker happens when doing a washing, in a machine. Why do people, automatically, turn on their water tank heaters??? The machine heats water, honest, it does!!! Why do folk have central heating on as well as bar electric fires too? These fires eat money during the day. Get them off!! Turn the central heating up a notch, it's cheaper. Turn off all TVs and stuff on stand by. These things use up to 90% of normal power while on standby and folk leave them that way 24/7
I have no sympathy for folk who complain about big bills, when they waste 50% of the bill money!!!
Now to me........ I am on my own, so pay less anyway, but even singles can save money. My central heating is electric. I use the hall one, in Winter, to take the chill off and have it set at half way. People open dampers right up, so when it is charging, heat ain't going to the bricks inside. Shut the dampers!!! Heat radiates, honest!! You want it into the blocks, at night and the dampers open, during the day.
I use a propane gas heater in the living room/bedroom. People should move their bed into the living room in Winter, anyway. Put a cover over it and some cushions and you got a couch and you never know you luck should you have a visitor!!!!! Why heat a bedroom all day, to use it for 6 hours only????
I have a heater shower so don't need gazzillions of hot water on standby. I stick the kettle under the shower nozzle, get hot water and use less heat, via electric, to bring up to temperature!! Same with dish washing. Put water in basin, then dishes later!! No need to have boilers on all the time. So I pay £25 per gas bottle and at one bar, it will run, for 72/75 hours. or 30 p an hour!!! You only pay when you use it. If I go out, it goes off. It don't take long to heat up, when I come back in, because of the residual heat in the room. Even a quick burst of two or three bars makes a room tropical!!!
I have light, cooking, a chest freezer, a fridge/freezer plus one central heater. My electric comes to £1.25 / £1.50 per day averaged out over a year!!! I use pay as you go power cards. Sure, it is a little dearer, but I get no bills!!!
My landlord wanted to fit gas central heating, which I refused. Why should I pay to get another card meter in(£70 in many cases) and have more standing charges/card charges to pay?? The boiler was to be replaced with a gas one. I refused it, too. The one I have works fine and is electric. Gas boilers still need electricity to fire them up. This dual fuel is a racket, especially for those on benefits, as I am now. Why should I have to go out for a gas card and an electric card as they expire, probably at different times?
Buy one of each at the same time, I hear you shout. Well the fiver, I don't NEED to spend could buy me food for two days!!! Sod dual fuel!!!
So my whole house of a main room, kitchen, bathroom and hallway runs on electric and propane. I hardly use the propane in the Summer. My annual cost......£500/£600 ish all paid in advance with no bills.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube