Saturday, November 08, 2014

Britain braced for a 'conveyor belt' of Atlantic storm fronts next week after 10 days' worth of rain falls in just six hours this evening | Daily Mail Online

Britain braced for a 'conveyor belt' of Atlantic storm fronts next week after 10 days' worth of rain falls in just six hours this evening |



Quite frankly, I don't care!  In Winter,I place one duvet under me and one over me,both of which act as a sleping bag. In addition,I use propane gas heaters,with one in the living room and on in the hallway with other room doors open.

By using propane heaters,which are available for about £70 including a gas bottle, I never have a huge Winter bill to look forward to just after New Year. I have new bottles delivered and pay in cash. I don't have standing charges either.  Indeed, I normally use the heaters from the mid/end of October until March/early April. About 4/5 months as Scotland can have dodgy weather. I am in 24/7 on 7 days a week and so I use the heaters as I feel the need. They provide instant heat with no overnight charging like electric storage heaters. A bottle costs me £27.50 delivered and lasts about three weeks. So £9 a week. If I have two going,which is rare,as I can just open the living room door, say my average would be £12 a week.  Say 4.5 months at £10 or £200 rough total at the very outside. More like £160

Sure I use electricity for everything else, but again, I pay that in advance as well, via a pay meter.  No bills are very good bills!!!  Get into propane !

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube