Friday, January 21, 2011

How to Make Your PC as Fast as the Day You Bought It

How to Make Your PC as Fast as the Day You Bought It | How Life Works

Writing this blog can take spells of up to five hours a day. After a long session having gone to some very strange places hidden away on the 'net I like to give my system a good clean and spruce up.
I run free AVG and update it often. Free CC Cleaner, Disc Cleaner from system tools in the accessories section, and I bought Registry Mechanic which I, personally, consider to be indispensable.
In the past I've used Free Avast which is excellent and I liked the old Commodo Cleaner but I detest the new version!! PC Doctor is good too.

Even using all of these my laptop still runs slow. I find that I must keep the memory storage at about half full otherwise things start to grind to a halt very quickly. This entails continually cleaning out the download section, the programs section in the Control Panel, doing defrags and doing cookie kills a lot. too. Crumbs there is a lot to do!
I bought two 1 terrabyte external drives for storage. They are very handy if your computer crashes completely, and you have to do a re install or you loose your data. This way I have it all stored. My main PC has a 1 terrabyte internal drive with room for a further one inside. Externals can be added via USB or a USB 4 or 8 way extension which is a handy idea as there never seem to be enough ports.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube