Saturday, January 29, 2011

Grapes of wrath: Wines worth avoiding - Telegraph

Grapes of wrath: Wines worth avoiding - Telegraph

Well worth having a look at what NOT to buy in the supermarket winery. Now Paddy is a bit of a wine buff and I have 4 btls of Chanti Classico all bought within the past six months and dating back as far as 2006. Each was under £5 I got a Chateau Neuf de Pape for £9 reduced by a fiver!! Must drink them sometime .
I like Jacobs Creek Red but that's Australia done. American oh please don't even think about Napa Valley!!
South American...they try but don't succeed. As far as Spain goes. Riojas is sold in pint glasses now and is sadly rubbish in comparison to what it used to be like 10 years ago. I loved white Spanish Sauterne especially with fish, but you can only get French now and its crap in comparison too bitter for me. The only white that I now drink is champagne. I luv Lansens Black Label.
In red certainly Chateau Neuf de Pape and Nuit St.Georges are my two French favs with Chanti Classico as my Italian choice. Beaujolais is nice to quaff on its own, slightly chilled.
Not a great load of master brews, but affordable and nice which suits me and nobody else but me. It is completely a matter of personal taste. Hence so many varieties.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube