Friday, August 16, 2019

New update from me

Well, I finally got my converted van delivered in the first week of July. It has pretty much everything that I will need to get out filming. I wanted manual but now think that was a mistake. Six gears is a lot of work fo decrepit old knees and ankles!! But hey ho, perhaps the exercise will help.!!
It is tight for space upfront and in the second row and all seats have headrests. Where you would normally sit in and grab the wheel, you can't do it.! You gotta push the wheel away and get out and getting in, you sort out your seat and pull the wheel in towards you. It has that damnation f***kin start-stop crap fitted, which must be great in-town traffic.  I like to be in control, so the first thing I looked for was how to block it!! One switch, just push it, at the start of every journey. I was happy to find that one!!
I have 7 USB ports fitted 1 satnav  2 i pad 3 phone 4 mp3   There are a handsfree phone and DAB stereo radio which has loads of speakers in the back and upfront. by hooking up an mp3 or the mp3 part of my i phone, I can play my sounds. Will be looking at a way to hook up my laptop, to play from stored 'my music' section of windows 10 Currently I have it hooked via 'mic' and 'ear' straight into my home stereo rig belting 200 watts !! The laptop just becomes a slave. I will check out the van sound, which is essentially a big metal box and might fit a booster. to push bass. I bought sound/light strip lights for inside.
The external mirrors are like those on trucks and neatly fold inward when you park. electric operation, of course!! It has back and front parking sensors, too. After all, it is a Ford Transit van, which has been modified. The rear door lifts and a ramp can then be pulled don to allow wheelchair access. It also has an electric winch to assist with heavier bodies. Not me!!! I don't need the electric cair too much but it is fun to whizz about on but at only 4 mph top speed, too slow f me. I get about using a walker with a seat. This always needs a friend to push me and load it, as it is awkward for me to lift up behind the first row of seats via the sliding door on either side.
I have two concrete steps at the front door of my flat. It has been difficult to get up and down them, which is why I just stayed indoors for the past ten years.! I began watching trucker videos and these guys run 40 tonne loads on artics, conducting an interaction, while cameras film their route. I also began to watch American activists 'fighting' for their rights against bent and useless cops. I could do that, I thought. My first fight has been with my landlord to have two grab handles fitted to the door frame and a banister fitted to lean on going up and down the steps. This work took a month but has been done now, leaving me the walker problem. I thought back to when I as in the hospital, various times, thinking about how I moved about, a lightbulb moment. A Zimmer frame. You can buy them with wheels fitted and they are very light to throw about. I like my independence and detest having to ask others to use their time to come along with me. Many have said sure, no problem.  but well.....they have lives too. So it looks like back  to the zimmer!!
It has taken five weeks to sort out silly wee problems which I should have had sorted out. So the plan is to have a launching drinking session today Friday and on the road next week, when I sober up!!
I am running this adventure as a legal business and have invested my savings into a new canon dslr wi-fi camera, mic for it,tripods, plug boards, dashboard mounts, two drones an i pad to fly them, a 1,000 watt unit to provide 240v power via 12v system in the van,£3,250 upfront lease payment plus batteries, pens, notebooks. Anyway, about £6,500 plus £70 a week lease cost. so any donations would be gratefully received by my accountant (see paypal at the top of blog) who thinks he is getting paid next year, at tax return time!!  A couple of Dollars per month or a £1  per month would help me. A £5 a month would be wonderful. I hope to sell 'on the spot' news to TV and newspapers and do travel documentaries using the drone, to make a little cash. But activism is my main choice. If we do not fight to keep our rights, they will be taken from us, by a stroke of a pen.
more later.
I got full A/C and heaters, both back and front and there is plenty of storage space when the ramp is up, clipped into the roof. This will be fine for my long tripod and jackets and general crap.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube