Saturday, February 18, 2012

Forget love, it's BOGOF that gets the heart racing: Brits become more excited over bagging a bargain than finding the one | Mail Online

Forget love, it's BOGOF that gets the heart racing: Brits become more excited over bagging a bargain than finding the one | Mail Online

This is not only true for woman!! I have just bought my second chest freezer to go along with my fridge/freezer and first chest freezer. I buy my groceries on line from Tesco, who deliver them to me. I continually look for 3 for price of two or buy one get one free deals and freeze the stuff. When it goes up in price or goes back to normal price I have plenty of the stuff that I like.
I break the bulk of packets with 8 items in it, re-wrapping down to twos or fours. I buy bigger tins of beans, soup and such, and put half in tupperware( remember them??) containers and freeze the remainder. Bigger tins are always cheaper, price against weight. An eight pack of sausage rolls can be opened to have two and leave the rest frozen as can 4 in a pack Scotch pies. But to buy eight or four at unit prices ends up crazy!!
Pricing is levelled to suit families. Were it not for my freezers, my food bill would be enormous as a single person, going out to buy the makings of a meal, to cook that evening, in all weathers. Whereas I get two deliveries per month at an average of £50/£55 each. Five pounds of the cost being a delivery charge, each time.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube