Friday, May 31, 2019

Price of installing smart meters is expected to be £500 million more than expected | Daily Mail Online

Price of installing smart meters is expected to be £500 million more than expected | Daily Mail Online



There will be no smart meters in my flat. I am quite happy with my card pay meter. I buy electricity, in advance, as I need it with no huge bills to worry about. Although I do have electric storage heaters, which must heat up bricks, inside, to radiate the heat, which mainly goes into the wall behind the units. There are no fans. I use propane gas, in mobile heaters, which I can move around the flat. I use them mainly in Autumn and Winter and pay in advance for gas bottles.

Should I want a smart meter for electricity, I would have to pay a fee for the removal of my pay meter and get another bill for the new installation. Then, of course, I would go onto three-month bills. My neighbours got their electric storage heaters replaced with gas ones and they got a gas boiler too. So that needs a smart gas meter and another fee! I refused the gas upgrade and British Gas sent me an installation bill anyway!!! Then they argued that as it was a pipe outside four doors with three users, I should pay a quarter and get nothing for it!!! I told them that I would charge them £100 per hour to get statements and gave them 14 days to accept my terms. Well, the bill was canceled immediately by return.

The gas boiler needs electricity to fire it up!  So if you get into money troubles and have power card pre pay meters installed, you must buy both £5 cards just to get hot water.!! What a rip off!! That other £5 could feed you for 2 days ib Summer when you don't need central heating

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube