Saturday, January 03, 2015

Nearly half of Brits on prescription drugs – report

Nearly half of Brits on prescription drugs – report



I am addicted to the painkiller Dihydrocodeine and have been for decades!  My prescribed dose is now 3x 30mg tablets four times per day. Or every six hours. Actually, I take 4 when I wake up,to get me going and 3 every 3 or 4 hours after that. Most days I get 6 hours sleep.

If I do not take them........

I get a sudden warm flush.  Then a cold one. I begin to have involuntary movements,nicknamed 'rattling' and my breathing becomes short and long breaths.  I begin to tingle,all over!  By then, I gotta have them !!

On the odd occasion,in the past,when I ran out. The next stages are mad.........

After the tingle stage comes the search the flat stage, which is manic.  Cupboard are searched,pockets turned outside in. Hiding places are searched. During this time, I would get hot and cold flushes. If none can be found,then the only thing to do is to go to bed and try to stay cozy. You just get comfy and then remember a place that you missed in the search!!  So more manic running round falling over piles of discarded clothes and then it hits you..........

You must get to the toilet...........boom  whoosh splash everything goes !!  Now empty,you go back to bed and get comfy. Them you remember that a friend has some. Where's the phone?   Inevitably, there is no answer. Scream !!! Back to bed!!  Then.......

Toilet again   vomiting this time or both ends at the same time !!  If you keep going you bring up bile.

So time for a life saver tomato soup.!  Microwave ding !   Ah nice back to bed.  Boom straight back to bathroom.

The film Trainspotting described it all perfectly.   I never run out of tablets anymore! Talking of which....

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube