Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Voice

I have a reason to actually watch TV tonight. The Voice is on. I like the concept that people win on their sound alone, backed by a damn good house band, who seem to be able to play everything thrown at them.
Last week had a load of crap on it. A complete disgrace. Normally there is a good pub singer but the star attraction was one half of Paper Lace of Adagdo and Conga fame.  Now they have made a right few quid from bringing out funny party songs and they are still touring. So why was he on the show? Thankfully nobody turned for him.
It is nice to watch the shy newbies slowly progress and gain in confidence as the move toward the final. Unfortunately none of the winners,with the exception of Leah someone from Ireland has made any money. She made it because she did a duet with willie I am and has never been heard of since.!!  I suspect that she got 10% of the take or less, on that one record. Some other womin sold 1,000 albums.
A young gospel singer disappeared and in that way the show is a flop.
But I like it 'cause I'm weird.  I also like Pointless the teatime quiz show in which not knowing things creates winners.  I must see a shrink very soon !

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube