Wednesday, December 10, 2014

BBC News - Scotland battered by storms as 'weather bomb' hits

BBC News - Scotland battered by storms as 'weather bomb' hits



Well my appointment at the hospital was accompanied by thunder,lightening,hail stones and rain  Oh and it was windy too. !!  What a day.

So I was told that I could be picked up anytime after 0800hrs. So I get up at 0600hrs and get some crisps and coke packed away in a bag while I am filling up the bath. Multi tasking or what?  So I have a paddle,while sitting on my bath lift.  I was popping pain killers and huffing and puffing with a little swearing thrown in. So I am ready at 0730hrs and I have a lie down on top of the bed.

So two nice guys arrive at 1045hrs and put me in a small wheel chair. They have a minibus with coach seats and a tailgate lift. Fantasic piece of kit. It also has a sliding door and a satnav unit.  Off we go.

We reach the hospital and the guys go find another wheelchair, They need their one in the bus.

So I get wheeled in and taken to the exact office that I was to go to by 1105hrs, in plenty time for my 1120hrs appointment. Perfect. I wait and I wait.....

Then my pet hate..people swan in late for their turn, but they get taken in order,which,of course,leaves me waiting which I hate. I attract attention by shouting excuse me mam,am I on the list?  Yes she says. Okay fine.  They ambulance guys have gone to take a lady home and come back expecting me to be finished. Nope.

The guys pin the guy that I am supposed to see to no avail whatever. So they go and do another trip. There list is now screwed. Eventually I get taken at 1150hrs and I am out by 1215hrs. He took all sorts of sizes and drew round my feet. Then he took a mold.  These will all be sent away to hand manufacture some fancy shoes which should allow me to walk properly.

So I wait from 1215 until 1240hrs when the guys come back and we do a reverse trip. They were then going to munch down a take away Chinese meal and go get an afternoon trip to a Glasgow hospital for someone else.

I saw six of these minibuses coming and going and they are new. So thanks to the Health Service, all the transport,meeting time and shoes are all free  yes FREE.!! Fantastic and yet some morons still complain.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube