Thursday, July 07, 2011

Ryan Cleary and others who stay in doors.

I said that I could completely understand why Ryan and his girlfriend stayed indoors and spent all of their spare time, online. This may have lead to him doing some illegal hacking, which is yet to be proven. I, too, spend all of my time indoors and a lot of it is spent trawling the Internet, to bring you all of these stories. I have not been out of my flat for two years, since coming out of hospital.
I am disabled and walking any great distance causes me extreme pain.Without going into great personal details,my degree of disability, grew over time and can be traced back to a rather spectacular smash, some thirty four years ago.I broke a bone at the base of my spine and a fragment of the bone lies against the sciatic nerve, which is the biggest nerve in the body. It acts as a switchboard for legs and spine. If the piece prods the nerve I go numb and fall down. I've lived with it and blame nobody for it. It happened. I did work, on a self employed basis,which worked in quite well. I worked from home, eventually. But moving and numerous spells in hospital really forced an end to working.
So how do I live?
Well the first thing I realised was the control of time. So, I now consider, outside the flat time, to be dark or light time, out of consideration for neighbours, who do not appreciate Led Zeppelin or Santana at 3 am!!!!.  Due to World time zones I am on the Internet a lot,.which has actually saved me from topping myself.!!
Here is a general day in your time. Let's say from midnight.
On the web searching out articles,news and stuff. Generally until 4am If it's busy, I run with it. 4 am I get the head down for five hours or so until about 9am. Check timezones I've missed. Then about 11 am have brunch.I choose to have groceries delivered during the window 11 to 1pm which I can order and pay for 24/7 by Debit or Credit Card, as I choose.. After 2 pm I either watch TV, listen to music, do some housework or nap until about 5pm.
Quick scan of the RSS feeds and view some sites, while cooking my evening meal. Watch TV News until 8pm. Then more TV, music or a movie. I have all the sky stuff and watch on a 42 inch TV which doubles as a computer monitor. I also have a laptop for in bed surfing ! This takes be to midnight and it all begins again.
I am warm, safe indoors with no junkies accosting me in the town centre.. Nobody pointing and laughing at my dodgy walking gait, which is rather stiff legged in style. No having to continually stop, in pain.
I get a lot of money from Social Security for which I am grateful. I do not smoke and stopped very, heavy drinking some 12 years ago. I have a couple of cans, should friends appear, Otherwise than getting about, I am pretty healthy. Friends text me when they are coming and I unlock the front door for them.They bring, collect or go for any little things that I need and get me some cash, to have about the place. At all other times, I ignore the front door. There is no Law which says that I must answer it. Struggling up to have some kid try to sell me tablet, is not my idea of fun!!! I buy everything, on the web and can track delivery. I make myself available to accept deliveries or have somebody here to do so.I have the problems, not others.My pals get some beer money for their time. What goes around comes around. Fairs, fair.
Time passes, very quickly, with nothing to cause me any stress. I have no deadlines to meet, nor must I be sitting  ready just in case somebody calls, and all that interaction stuff. If somebody wants to see me, then it is when I wish and not at their command. I control my life, which is rather good.
The price of petrol puts me off having another car. When I had them, all I did was spend money, driving aimlessly, going here, there and everywhere. Going to the service station bog, filling the tank and coming home again. I went out one morning about 4 am, with no great plan and ended up driving up the East Coast of Scotland ending up in Aberdeen! I topped up relieved myself and came back via the A9 fast road.One excursion, took me to Edinburgh, Roslin Chapel, down into the borders and back up via the M74 motorway.Another one took me down the West Coast to Dumfries and back up the M74, again. Hey! they were lovely drives, music on, sandwiches, coca cola,comfy, but completely pointless.I often considered, just driving through a crash barrier and off a bridge!!! I saw no future.
Then I began this blog, some 16 months ago. This has saved me from madness or worse, depending on your point of view.! Anyway good luck Ryan and friend. I've had a life, whereas you both have not, but I don't think you are missing anything and I know how you feel.
You can see and learn more of/about any country on the Internet rather than visiting it, with all of the cost and hassles these days. You can research anything whatever that interests you online. You can buy stuff and carry out internet banking ,paying bills, not queueing in post offices for money. Some of my mobile friends actually ask me what is in the news???
So start a blog,enjoy yourself and cancel time. They say that tie is infinite and will go on for ever. I say that time stops when I pass on from here and go back to where I believe that I came from. But that is a whole other article!!!...........

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube