Thursday, July 28, 2011

'It has to go away': Facebook director calls for an end to internet anonymity

'It has to go away': Facebook director calls for an end to internet anonymity | Mail Online

Damn good coming from Facebook!!! I am on FB as the writer of this blog. I chose to be anonymous in order not to be accosted, annoyed or generally harangued about any views which I may hold or have put out there for folks to have a think about for themselves. I don't always agree with the proposals or ideals which I write about and some may find my views contentious.
I used FB and Twitter to promote my blog. They have rules, they are all written in very small print, somewhere!!! I have never looked for nor ever seen them. So I can only assume that they are there, wherever they are for legal reasons as most certainly very few obey them.
Strangely enough, I have received to most abuse and threats of violence because I will NOT give out any details of my own. !! perhaps these people have realised how silly they are. FB is just a glorified chatroom, nothing more, nothing less. People who know each other or are perfect strangers, may pop in, have a chat and leave again. The ones whom I find hilarious, are the people who post their mobile and landline numbers for all to see! They leave themselves open to receiving all types of crank calls all day and all night.
For FB to come out against anonymity is really very very funny, indeed.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube