Wednesday, April 27, 2011

PlayStation Network:

PlayStation Network: Will Sony's PlayStation Network be up by Week's End? | Technology | Epoch Times

they got well and truely hacked. More importantly their customers details have been stolen. As I said in a earlier post involving Sony. Game player networks, where payments are made to join or play, are easier targets than banks and card companies. You are going to see a lot of these hacks done. The next tier down, which I worry about, are Supermarket groups. A Supermarket may store a lot of data on you. I have my groceries delivered after ordering and paying by computer So let's take me as an example.
They have my name, my address, my e mail my phone number, my mobile number as back up , my post code and my card details for several different cards. I "max out" a card and change to another, sometimes, as many people do. When a debit card is checked for approval they then get which bank the card relates too. So, it shows that I have a current account with them. If I have a current account and cards, the balance of probabilities says that I have income and with cards it says that I am credit worthy. I am a prime target for a cloned profile to be used to get loads of cards and purchases.
All of this data for every delivery customer, never mind those who go fight their way round the stores, then queue and then pay. Cards and guarantee cards are all recorded. There must be a new Law, World wide, requiring holders of third party financial data to have a minimum security standard.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube