Monday, April 23, 2012

Voice UK act blasts show on Twitter

Voice UK act blasts show on Twitter - RTÉ Ten

I can't say that I blame her!  She was better that the young girl that she was up against, but did not get picked. They was a judges conversation along the lines of the young girl has further to go, as opposed to the elder lady having gone as far as she could. At 27, she was written off!!!
I have been posting about the Voice, which has been done in Europe. The concept is owned by the Dutch  inventor of big Brother.  'Nuff said. At first, I was posting that I was really into it.However, my cynicism won through as I really listened to a playback on the BBC I player and read an article about it.
Universal are offering a £100,000 recording contract and have signed every contestant, in a similar way to Simon Cowell. Three of the four judges are signed to Universal and owe the company for their living!! As I posted last night, it seems to me, that the whole game is to find young, fresh, raw, talent. Experience is actually a disadvantage!!!!
We have had the lead singer of a very popular band, 5 Star, knocked out. We have had a guy who has toured round the World, knocked out, whose father was with Marmalade and had a string of hits. One guy, Cassius, who has experience, did get through, against the youth trend. He had been number 31, in the past,  appearing on Top of the Pops. He is the only coloured guy!! Work it out.  It is just becoming too, too, obvious!
Jessie J described a rather stout, older, Scottish woman as a 'pub singer,' in an open mic chat. The woman just didn't fit the profile, although she was better than her much younger opponent. A girl duo were described, again by Jessie J, as chatterboxes, in a tone which appeared, to me, as if she was saying to Willie I Ain't, that they 'knew better' than her. The both had 'big' voices that were being restrained in the rehearsals by Jessie J. They were up against a less experienced quiet singer.
I feel that the gloves will come off and there will be a few nasty pieces in the Sunday papers next weekend. it really is not all sour grapes!! The whole show is just a con. I have said that I always detested Talent Shows. I did like the Acts on the Voice, some were really good, but when I sat back and had a good look, my opinion reverted to normal. They are fixed and just rubbish.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube