Saturday, April 07, 2012

Sentenced to death for being old: The NHS denies life-saving treatment to the elderly, as one man's chilling story reveals | Mail Online

Sentenced to death for being old: The NHS denies life-saving treatment to the elderly, as one man's chilling story reveals | Mail Online

The NHS in the UK is a fabulous thing if you suddenly become ill. You get everything for free. There is no stupidity like an extra charge to use the siren, as in America!!!  However if over time you become ill and are of a non productive age, then you are on your own, these days.
I need two replacement knees and have done for years. I bounce about the flat and am terrified of falling. I will not get them until I cannot get about at all. Now I like many others paid my contributions, when working, to pay for the service which is now denied to me. My next thing will be a wheel chair and perhaps then I will get the knees done. I could, of course, pay for it all, myself, privately, if I had the money.
Even then I would be unable to work as I would be too old. As I am registered disabled at present, I receive just over £300 per week from the State. Should I be 'repaired' I would be re classified as fit for work and my income would drop to £65 per week.  Or a fifth of my current income.I would still pay no rent nor 90% of local taxes.My medication would still be free in Scotland, as would dental work, if I could find a dentist who would take me on. They all do private work, only, these days .  Strange how being immobile is rather profitable.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube