Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Elections

I live in the West of Scotland, just outside Glasgow. This area has been a Labour Party stronghold since Kier Hardie set up the party. They could put up a dead canary and win. When I became old enough to vote, I really like the old style Liberal Party and was going to vote for them, until I got to the polling station to discover that no  Liberal was standing. I discovered later that they decided that as they would not win, they would not put up a candidate. What attitude and to me it was a fix. A Liberal would have taken some votes from  Labour, but probably more from the Conservatives so not to split the vote and give the Conservatives a chance they did not stand. I never voted again,except to say no to joining the European Union as it is now known.
So I don't cover the American or the French Elections, going on at present, because they are all fixed as far as I am concerned. The only way to have fair elections is to pass a law which compels every voter to actually vote. Then we would see what the people want. You can physically attend or post your vote in these days and I would also ban computer counting. Stick to a ballot paper with an X on it. Sure boxes can go 'missing' but it rarely affects a vote by that much.
Making people vote, by law, gives the true feeling of the public and not this carry on of a winner getting in when 60% of possible voters don't bother to vote.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube