Sunday, April 24, 2016

Pink-haired WWE stunner Sasha Banks meets fans in Glasgow city centre ahead of Hydro show - Daily Record

Pink-haired WWE stunner Sasha Banks meets fans in Glasgow city centre ahead of Hydro show - Daily Record



In fairness,I used to rush home on Saturday afternoon's to watch Wrestling on the TV, hosted by Kent Walton.Later, I began attending bouts in the Kelvin Arena in Glasgow and the Ice Rink in Paisley.

Yes I was a fan until one sad night at Paisley and the outcome from it.

The high point was always a tag match featuring four top stars. This particular night the baddies were Mick McManus and Steve Logan against George Kidd and partner. Now,at the last minute, Kidd's partner could not compete and a young guy was drafted in. Unfortunately, nobody told the young guy, Clayton Thomson, the script.

Eventually, the baddies get Kidd in a cone and proceed to appear to hammer him. Now Kidd is to far away to tag Thomson to 'save' himself.  After several minutes,of throwing the referee out the way,the crowd were going nuts.  I remember sitting down and saying to myself, no human could take that punishment, if it was real. This was my light bulb moment.

Thomson,seeing Kidd getting supposedly beaten up lost it completely!  He ran over and full fistedly battered lumps out of the baddies!  Bells rang He was disqualified and stewards ran in to stop it all!

Now Thomson had been in the game for some time and so he must have known it was all fixed.

But he lost it and ended up being put out of the circuit.

It came out in the newspapers that it had all been a fix. The baddies were pulling their punches and all three,minus Thomson, went out socially. Kidd was a mainstream Scottish promoter. The whole thin was just a staged show!  This finished it for me.

I have watched American shows and when I do, I can't stop falling about laughing!  I cannot understand why it is still popular. But I suppose, to each their own!

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube