Friday, October 24, 2014

BBC News - Scotland to reduce drink-drive limit

BBC News - Scotland to reduce drink-drive limit



Good ! Great idea!  Personally I think that Scotland should do the same as Sweden did some years ago and make the limit zero. Too many people use fancy defenses to get away with it.

Now I ain't no goodie goodie saying this,  lost my licence to drive four times. The first time, I had two whiskeys and two pints of lager and I was just over. I said that if I was ever caught again,then I would be well drunk and for many years, I was driving drunk.  I got caught a further three times and got fines.

All that I did then was to take taxis, which I claimed as a business expense. These were tax deductible!!!

The limit has to be zero and fines heavier for first and second offences, then automatic prison for any further offences during a life time. Anyone can make a mistake,so the first should be a year ban and a fine. The second should be a five year ban and heavy fine. Any further ones should be jail time.

I was never involved in a crash nor did I injure anybody. Once, I did fall asleep and woke up in time to hit a road sign. Otherwise, I could always manage to drive.  The road sign incident sorted me out completely and I rarely drink now, never mind drink drive.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube