Monday, March 25, 2013

Arran residents fear long wait for restored electricity

BBC News - Arran residents fear long wait for restored electricity

If people and more importantly,perhaps, shops do not have generators then all food stored in freezers will not be rotten. This will mean that new supplies will have to come in by ferry when power is restored.
This is the scenario which has always bothered me. I have two chest freezers and an upright fridge/freezer which run on electricity. If power goes off for longer than say 18 hours the food will be wasted. I use propane gas for normal heating which also gives some light to save candles and torch batteries. I can rig up a propane cooker,too, if need be. Sure, I have a stack of tinned stuff and would have no problem building a fire outside to save gas as I am sure deliveries would end But it always comes back to electricity for storing food

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube