Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It's either the drink or the dole: Go into rehab or lose benefits, alcoholics and drug addicts told

It's either the drink or the dole: Go into rehab or lose benefits, alcoholics and drug addicts told | Mail Online

In the UK being an alcoholic and/or a drug addict is treated as an illness which to a certain extent they are. I have always considered that both are self inflicted. having a strong mind will get you out from either. I used to be a heavy drinker. I was drinking a bottle and a half of strong blue label vodka every week day and two at least on a Saturday and Sunday.   I stopped it overnight. Yes it was hard but I did it. At the same time as drinking I was on Speed or Amphetamine Sulphate sometimes and marijuana a lot. I stopped speed at the same time but confess I still like marijuana sometimes.
But these people can work their way up to a very high rate of benefit and be marked as unfit for work. On disability benefit they can actually get a car, on lease, from the State!!  Can you believe that???!!!
So Ian Duncan Smith is right. we should not be paying these people loads of money when they don't bother to help themselves.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube