Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Did ya miss me??

Well it's good to be back on line!!!  My broadband, on my land line was faulty and when British Telecom sorted that issue out, I still could not get a connection.  So the next phone call went to Sky which was my ISP in order to find out the problem.
So I end up talking to their tech people and the guy starts with the problem solving routine. I unplug the router, wait various time lengths and re-connect.  All to for solution. Then the guy says get a needle and push it in a reset hole next to the mains input. Now, I have a healthy respect for electricity and was extremely wary of this move. However, after a search round the flat, I find a set of darts and start jabbing away!!  No 180 score with the darts and the steam is beginning to rise up in me!
So, he consults with others and I realise that I have been farting about for 45 minutes. Fortunately, it was a free phone number to India!! Yep the tech support for Sky, in  the UK, is in India!! He comes back on the line and begins to start on about filters and 'how was I wired up, via a phone extension or straight into the wall socket?'
I say via an extension.  Oh I gave him a lifeline there!! Well he says, 'the extension is broke.'  I tell him that before the phone line fault, everything worked perfectly, so how could my extension fail, if there was no connection or load on it?  Then I threw the dummy out of the pram!!
I say, I'm sorry, I've had enough of this, please put me through to whole system cancellations, please!!'
Now I got my main TV channels plus cable plus High Definition plus broadband plus a phone call deal from them and I paid £58 per month. So I stripped down to just the bare TV channels and ditched the rest.
I phoned BT and changed my ISP to them and now have  home hub. Obviously it has taken a week to change things round, but here I am.  I got over 100 E mails to get through and my updates to sort out, so busy day ahead. 

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube