Monday, July 16, 2007

Do we still need cash?

I work at home with my income being paid directly to my bank. Obviously I have a computer and I have a credit card. So do I ever have to actually leave home??
The bank takes care of my Mortgage Payment, Insurances, Internet Charges and sends money to my savings account every month by direct debit from my current account. Even my TV license is paid by direct debit. That is the fiscal side and now the fun side!
I can order by computer my groceries and beer supply from the supermarket and it is delivered to my door on a day and at a time suitable to me with no hassles. How many times do you get to the checkout and the peeps in front never seem to have their money, their cheque book/credit card handy? Then there is the packing of those bags which you cannot get open anyway!
Should I need bigger items like a new bed matress I can search availability and price on the net. I can then order and pay for it and await delivery. These days most companies will phone you or e.mail you prior to iminent delivery if your item is on a waiting list. No driving arround in traffic and the fun of finding a parking space. Just find it,order it and pay it!
With this click, click system you can move from supplier to supplier and order from the one that suits your requirements with a cold beer in your hand!
But is it all becoming just too easy to spend money which you don't see?
If you have to go to the bank and withdraw money and then travel to find a store which you must then trawl round and decide. Then you must find a salesperson and delivery is outrageous or the colour is out of stock and you wonder "why did I leave home?" But you buy it anyway because you have had enough for the day.Thinking about these things prior to a purchase may act as a safety valve and stop you spending your hard earned income.
So which is better? Trecking around in all weathers or sitting at home, I know which I like best!
Click! Click!

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube