Well, I had hoped to be out and about filming by now having been promised delivery of my new van conversion for 1st June. I get a letter asking for lease start up payment of £3,300which I duly pay with a credit card.
Being money savvy, I borrowed £4,000 from my Credit Union which I thought would cover the electric chair demanded which cost me £1,500. Again, a card job. So I had gained £4k to my main pot and would pay the cards and loan with my normal income. Hidden in this letter, it was stated that delivery was now to be 1st July.
There was no point in complaining and telling them to shove it, as is my nature. It would mean beginning again, for another 12 week period. Believe me, I was prepared to do it but it just seemed crazy and basically an empty gesture. It was obvious that this company didn't give a shit.
So I now have a new DVLR Cannon camera with Bluetooth. I got a trucker's worldwide SatNav with speed notification and trap alarm. I bought a small and a long tripod. One can be handheld or placed on the dash and the other is fully extendable. Both take a camera or a phone holder.
I bought two drones a while ago and I am now looking for a secondhand I pad, as using a phone would just be too small a screen for me. To film to bluetooth and use a drone would need another phone and they are so very expensive. I thought an I pad would be better.
I got a spare kettle and a microwave oven/grill so with an inverter,(1,000 watt £130) I can have hot food and coffee, soup, chocolate and keep a charge in the electric chair, which I doubt that I will use much. I already have a walker, with a seat, which was deemed not to be a wheelchair!! WTF is it then? It is pushed, has a seat and wheels, after all.!!! I suppose that the chair could be good in airport terminals or shopping malls but for short trips, the fold up chair wins it. Out the side door, fold and go. No need for open door, down ramp, out chair, up ramp and close door. I have ordered window stickers, asking for room at the rear, to deploy ramp. I will not be popular banging front bumpers or shaking cars, to set off alarms, but hey ho tough shit. More video to put on the site!!
I had thought about a fridge, for bottles and food. However, I figured out that there are steps up from the ground level, which provide two shelves, each side, for possible storage. This space should be cool and wind from travelling should keep stuff cool. Many years ago, I bought blow up double and single sized air mattresses, like lilos on the beach. Depending on space, one may be deployed. Otherwise, it is the old standby, a sleeping bag.
My intention is to start with short day trips, to get used to traffic conditions. Although I have always driven, it has been ten years and things change. Then I will expand to three days, probably go over to Ireland, with a ferry break each way, between Scotland and N.Ireland. To go into Eire or into Europe is no problem. However, to prove that I am a British resident and get back into UK, I need a new passport. Bang goes £75.
I also need proper glasses with reactolite lens. No doubt £150 plus. I have been using supermarket ones which are pretty good. Then there is the screw in teeth, fun and drilling, to be done, ro get a smile and eat a bigger variety of food. I got some cheap joggies and sweatshirts. Some of my old wardrobe should still fit. Shirts,sweaters, denim jacket and w/coats, for sure but I have lost weight and trousers and jeans may just fall off!! Typical 60's 70's hippie look. I got one pair of cargo pants, so far. Style never bothered me, price rules! Why did I begin this adventure? Madness !!
Hopeful to be on the road 1st July. What else can go wrong?
Being money savvy, I borrowed £4,000 from my Credit Union which I thought would cover the electric chair demanded which cost me £1,500. Again, a card job. So I had gained £4k to my main pot and would pay the cards and loan with my normal income. Hidden in this letter, it was stated that delivery was now to be 1st July.
There was no point in complaining and telling them to shove it, as is my nature. It would mean beginning again, for another 12 week period. Believe me, I was prepared to do it but it just seemed crazy and basically an empty gesture. It was obvious that this company didn't give a shit.
So I now have a new DVLR Cannon camera with Bluetooth. I got a trucker's worldwide SatNav with speed notification and trap alarm. I bought a small and a long tripod. One can be handheld or placed on the dash and the other is fully extendable. Both take a camera or a phone holder.
I bought two drones a while ago and I am now looking for a secondhand I pad, as using a phone would just be too small a screen for me. To film to bluetooth and use a drone would need another phone and they are so very expensive. I thought an I pad would be better.
I got a spare kettle and a microwave oven/grill so with an inverter,(1,000 watt £130) I can have hot food and coffee, soup, chocolate and keep a charge in the electric chair, which I doubt that I will use much. I already have a walker, with a seat, which was deemed not to be a wheelchair!! WTF is it then? It is pushed, has a seat and wheels, after all.!!! I suppose that the chair could be good in airport terminals or shopping malls but for short trips, the fold up chair wins it. Out the side door, fold and go. No need for open door, down ramp, out chair, up ramp and close door. I have ordered window stickers, asking for room at the rear, to deploy ramp. I will not be popular banging front bumpers or shaking cars, to set off alarms, but hey ho tough shit. More video to put on the site!!
I had thought about a fridge, for bottles and food. However, I figured out that there are steps up from the ground level, which provide two shelves, each side, for possible storage. This space should be cool and wind from travelling should keep stuff cool. Many years ago, I bought blow up double and single sized air mattresses, like lilos on the beach. Depending on space, one may be deployed. Otherwise, it is the old standby, a sleeping bag.
My intention is to start with short day trips, to get used to traffic conditions. Although I have always driven, it has been ten years and things change. Then I will expand to three days, probably go over to Ireland, with a ferry break each way, between Scotland and N.Ireland. To go into Eire or into Europe is no problem. However, to prove that I am a British resident and get back into UK, I need a new passport. Bang goes £75.
I also need proper glasses with reactolite lens. No doubt £150 plus. I have been using supermarket ones which are pretty good. Then there is the screw in teeth, fun and drilling, to be done, ro get a smile and eat a bigger variety of food. I got some cheap joggies and sweatshirts. Some of my old wardrobe should still fit. Shirts,sweaters, denim jacket and w/coats, for sure but I have lost weight and trousers and jeans may just fall off!! Typical 60's 70's hippie look. I got one pair of cargo pants, so far. Style never bothered me, price rules! Why did I begin this adventure? Madness !!
Hopeful to be on the road 1st July. What else can go wrong?
No comments:
Post a Comment