Saturday, August 02, 2014

Tourists call police after £33 bill for ice cream at cafe near Rome's Trevi Fountain (but the owner refuses to apologise) | Mail Online

Tourists call police after £33 bill for ice cream at cafe near Rome's Trevi Fountain (but the owner refuses to apologise) | Mail Online



What a rip off !!  But as long as a price list is displayed,peeps can charge whatever they wish. Contract Law identifies seller and buyer. The seller offers,at a  price and the buyer accepts or declines.

The new gimmick is to put hidden prices on page 92 of long winded terms of sale. I was caught out,recently, by an Internet pop up from an American firm nowlucky.com

They offer skill games where the highest score gets a prize. It appears to charge £1 a go and I pads and other stuff are on offer. I had one go..........realised I was crap whn I saw scores above me and thought that was the end of it. Checking my bank,for something else, I see £68 going to nowlucky.  My e mail was blistering hot! BUT  I had not read through the multi page crap, I just ticked.  My fault.
Had I not had Internet banking they would have taken £68 'membership'  every MONTH which is £816 per year  plus they wanted £1 a shot!!!   An easy £1,500 a year and if you lose you still get no I pad or whatever.
So folks don't deal with now lucky dot come on !!!

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube