Sunday, July 27, 2014

Supermarket giants 'lose £100million a year from online delivery services': Cost of delivery means they are effectively paying customers to shop with them | Mail Online

Supermarket giants 'lose £100million a year from online delivery services': Cost of delivery means they are effectively paying customers to shop with them |



I love Tesco delivery !!!!  I can choose a two hour window when I want my stuff delivered and nowadays can get stuff delivered for £1  !!!  I average 2 deliveries per month and spend about £50 to £60 for each one.

So in return for two deliveries, Tesco get £110 sales that they would not have had otherwise. The drivers tell me that they normally have 6/8 deliveries a shift.  Monday is busy with nurseries stocking up. So that gives Tesco  say £400 per shift per van.  There are two shifts per day. Nights are quieter. So say £600 pr day per van  So to say £5,000 per week per van is not silly times 10 vans   £50,000 a week in sales,which they would not get.

I know this is all back of the envelope but bear with me.

A Tesco driver told me a few years ago that the hub from which I get my stuff turned over £250,,000 in a year. So how many hubs are there??? How many vans??  How many drivers?

Sure I agree that thinks are pretty static and not increasing much.  Ticking over nicely, I would say.

Remember........drivers wages, buying vans,buying uniforms,service and maintenance are all deductible expenses against the Corporation Tax of the whole Tesco conglomerate.

Even on my back of the envelope figures I think that they must make at least 15% clear profit

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube