Thursday, July 10, 2014

Buy Silver ? Waste of money !!

I just bought 40 separate ounces of Silver. The money I used was sitting in the bank and the best interest that I could get was 0.75 %   So I thought take a flyer.
The difference between scrap price and the price that I paid was £10.  There is a 20% VAT charge for a start! Postage,insurance,profit and costs for seller.  Fair enough. So Silver must rise by £10 per oz for me to break even.
I thought,if the shit does not hit the fan,I could put chains on them and sell them next Xmas. Good plan,in theory!   It costs £8.20 per oz to put on loops for chains.  I have been quoted for the chain to take the weight at a cost of £42  !!!  So that adds £50 per ounce to basic then my profit.
So that plan went out the window!!  I still think I can get cheaper chains that will do. But putting a chain on doubles the price,immediately. I have seen chains for £5 each but will they take the weight?
So I got 40 ounce of Silver.   Hope the shit hits the fan.......soon. !!  

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube