Thursday, November 06, 2014

Certain Painkillers Tied to Raised Risk of Death After Stroke

Certain Painkillers Tied to Raised Risk of Death After Stroke - Drugs.com MedNews

This article says that NSAIDs are not stroke risky which may well be true.  Here is how they very nearly killed me!!!
I was moved from one NSAID to another by doctors to try to reduce swollen joints. So on day I began to feel unwell and thought that another bout of swelling and fever was coming on. As I lived alone,I decided to drive to my Mother's while I still could and get some TLC from her.
I got to her house and camped out in my old room. The fever was building and I was taking bets against which joints would be affected this time. Would it be arms or legs or even both!  I got up to go to the bathroom and as I passed through the kitchen I could not stand erect. I was bent over at the waist.
I never made the bathroom and collapsed on the floor,out of it. I woke up in an ambulance and dropped in and out on the trip to hospital. Don't remember casualty much and came to on a ward.
It turned out that I had been bleeding inside. The NSAID's had caused irritation to two ulcers, of which I had no knowledge, and burst both of them!!! I had lost FOUR pints of blood and was on a transfusion set up.
Now remember I lived alone.  Had I not driven home, which was pretty dangerous as it happens, I would have been dead.
So they replaced the NSAID's with a homeopathic plant extract, which had been known since the 18th century, named Colchicine.   Of course,big Pharma made no money from it,hence the pushing of NSAID's, none of which had worked,for me, anyway.
My advice to anybody with Gout,which it turned out to be,in my case,after eight years of investigation, is to get off NSAID's and demand Colchicine.  When I feel an attack coming on, I take two tablets,each day,until it clears up. I have never had a problem using it. 

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube