Tuesday, November 04, 2014

British Gas bombard disabled pensioner with bills, calls and visits for 14 years | Daily Mail Online

British Gas bombard disabled pensioner with bills, calls and visits for 14 years |



I recently started to received bills from British Gas for a connection charge. I do not have gas!!  I ignored the first one. I then received a second one for double the cost. So I tried to E mail them at the url on top of the bill which did not contain a @ and so was impossible to reach. Instead I sent it to customer services.

I then got a letter threatening Court action.

I sent them an  E mail stating again that I had no gas appliances nor had I requested a gas supply and any further work done by me regarding this matter would be charged at £1,000 per hour or part thereof. Should I have to travel to Court then my fee would be £5,000 per hour plus all expenses.I gave them 14 days to object to my fee rate and if  I received no objections, then my rates were deemed to have been accepted

Under Common Law any work done is entitled to be compensated at an agreed rate no matter what the rate. Needless to say, I have heard nothing more!!!

In any case British Gas have made a rally stupid error in moving all of their billing to on office in Warrington in the North of England. I believe that Scottish Gas customers are billed from there now. As Scots Law is different from the rest of the Uk, British Gas cannot take a Scottish customer to Court in England. They must employ English solicitors who in turn must then employ Scottish solicitors to take a customer to a Scottish Court. This will cost £1,000 in fees to chase a £500 bill. A Scottish Customer can rock up to a gas showroom and pay the outstanding bill on the day of the Court case and produce the receipt to the Court. The case is then abandoned, as there is no debt and British Gas will have paid all the fees for nothing !!!  

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube