Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Half of drivers break the law on motorways and town centre roads as limit rises to 80mph | Mail Online

Half of drivers break the law on motorways and town centre roads as limit rises to 80mph |



On a motorway,the police must follow a speeder for a set distance before they can say that the speed limit was broken. You so rarely see cops on motorways that nobody bothers about what speed they are doing.

They cannot stand on the hard shoulder and set up radar equipment .They cannot have bright flashy lights flashing either.

Cameras, on gantries are no good because of undulations and bends make the set length travelled impossible to define. To gauge speed the car must travel over a flat straight measured stretch and the time taken to do so.

I have regularly been on bikes and in cars breaking the speed limit. I have done this every year that I have been driving.I have only twice been charged with speeding. In my first one I went through a radar trap at 42 in a 30 limit For my second, I went through a flashing light trap at 60 rather than 30mph.  The road was a dual carriageway flagged at 60, except for one small section, near a village, which catches out thousands of drivers every year providing a nice little earner.

The best thing that you will ever buy is a SatNav unit which warns you when approaching a trap. I have one which flashes and gives an audible alarm, well in advance of any traps.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube