Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Saga with Scottish Gas

I posted, further down, about Scottish Gas wanting money from me for a gas supply. In May they sent me a demand for £31 for non payment of a gas bill.  How strange. I do not use gas appliances.
I tried to send them an  Email to the address which was listed on their letter to me in big print www.scottishgas.co.uk/help  The sharp eyed will notice the lack of @    Needless to say it did not work.
I then tried help@scottishgas.co.uk thinking that they were just a bit backward !!!  Nope didn't work either. Now this is a huge company. They are part of multi national British Gas and thy can't get an Email right.
So I tried the tried and tested customerservices@scottishgas.co.uk
I told them that I had no gas,had not ordered a supply and get stuffed.   I thought that this would be th end of it.  Silly me,I should know better!!
So I get a final demand, now for £68  including all sorts of threats of Court action, breaking down doors,fitting pay as you go meters (for what???) and locksmiths and charges charges and more charges   Whit !!  Well red rag and bull come to mind............
I composed an Email telling them yet again that I have no gas supply,don't use it,don't want it and of course,the same rubbish URL is on the letter  So lucky old customer services got it.
I mentioned that I understood that their time was costly and so was mine. I told them that after 14 days I would be charging £1,000 per hour to E mail   £5,000 per hour for research (finding their letters) £10,000 per hour plus all expenses should I need to travel and £5,000 per hour to deal with any callers to my flat.
No I'm not cheap!!!   I photographed the E mail which is now time and date stamped.
I gave them 14 days to necogiate my fees.Then I noticed a classic!!!!
Scottish gas billing is now done in Worthing in the North of England. I live in Scotland.   So they say that they will take me to a Magistrates Court, in England, should I fail to pay. Now this is a classic and shows just how ignorant that many people in England actually are, in that they believe the English Law covers the whole of the Uk. It does not !  Scotland has her own,completely separate legal system.
No English company can take me to Court, in England, for debt. In addition,even if I had gas, they still could not do so. They must instruct their lawyers in England, to instruct Scottish lawyers to raise an action, in Scotland. This is rarely done, as the fees of M'learned friends are huge, with little chance of winning anyway.
This is why Credit Card interest is so high. English card companies have the same problem All of these begging letters from English debt collectors are crap too, as they have no Court case to back them up!!But I digress.
 The person who wrote this letter is rather silly. The shame of it is that someone,who does not know the true position, may start to panic if they get similar letters.
No doubt to be continued    Life's a gas !!!  Ain't it. ??

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube