Saturday, April 12, 2014

Weekend of confusion for Canadians as ‘Heartbleed’ bug forces government website shutdowns

Weekend of confusion for Canadians as ‘Heartbleed’ bug forces government website shutdowns



I really don't get this thing. This bug has been out on the Internet for 2.5 years and suddenly,only now there is notification and approaching panic.

Now I have used Google Chrome since it came out and have always used Google search too. During a search a sign came up saying that SSL had been switched off. Assuming that it should be on,I tried to figure out how to get it back on. I cleaned,scanned and swore, a lot!

Then I downloaded Firefox and Opera.  A search on Firefox gave a flash notice and then I saw that I was still on Google search. Opera was fine but I could not get the transfer to blog add on to work. So back to Firefox. I changed the search to duckduckgo and have had no hassles. I went back to Chrome and changed the search to i search,avg  and again,no problems. Now it could have been fixed in the two days that I was swearing but my question is....why was it not fixed years ago???

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube