Monday, April 07, 2014

Nasty Malware

Malware often gets ignored by scans, made by the security programs, which you may have on your computer. It can be vey annoying and clog up your hard drive, thus making your computer run slowly.Most of it is harmless and used to pump out user / search data
I use Avast as my main security. I did use AVG for years and then discovered that Avast had added an up date notification service. This goes through your programs and tells you when an up grade is available, which can come in very handy!!I also use CCleaner.com which I find does an amazingly quick scan of your registry and lists all your problems. You then get it to fix them with a couple of clicks!!
Click and Clean is a browser extension. This will empty your cache (another slow runner problem) and can be used to get rid of cookies, which you do not want. It has a hard disk cleaner and some other stuff. too. Ghostery and AVG Do Not Track are browser anti tracking add ons and duckduckgo.com is a great browser, which is not tracked. So that is pretty much my security.
Getting back to malware. I had noticed that my 'puter was running slow. No matter how often I scanned,cleaned and swore (a lot!!)  I still had problems. Eventually, I went into the had disk and opened the program files and checked any strangers. I found three/four malware programs. Not dangerous, but they just slowed things down, pumping out whatever they did. I manually deleted them.This worked for a while and then I had to do it all again!!
Then I found malwarebytes.com. This program concentrates on Malware and your first scan and clean is free. I liked it so much,that I bought it.!!! There is no annual fee,it is a one time deal and you get updates every day. It definitely defeats malware.
If you use bit torrent ( assume utorrent is the same) or ilivid to down load, the malware folks are using these programs as a conduit,a bridge, to carry in malware to you 'puter, Malwarebytes stops it.  Run the free scan and clean....see if I'm right.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube