Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Generic vs. Name Brand Drugs

Generic vs. Name Brand Drugs - Business Insider

I must confess that I am guilty of this activity. In my view, the company which has done all of the research and testing is the one that I follow. Fortunately, we in Scotland, get free prescriptions of medicine.!
Strangely enough, I buy Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil capsules. I believe that they were first on the market and are certainly extremely popular. I was paying about £6 a tub. Having ran out,a friend offered to get me some more and came back with a totally different tub. When we compared an empty Seven Seas tub with this other one,they were the same product.  Guess what ???  £2 a tub.   So generic is good and cheaper.!!!
On another point. My doctor's gave me NSAID's which nearly killed me by causing internal bleeding !!  I am now on a generic, colchicine,a plant extract, known about since the 17th Cent.. I have had no problems using it.
The problem is tat whichever drug firm invents a drug having done all the work,is allowed to have a 10 year sales embargo on everybody else. Only after ten years can it be copied and made cheaper. All of the research is corporation tax deductible and so I don't see why the drug should be ring fenced.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube