Friday, May 17, 2013

Computer Adverts

Today,while eating lunch at 1230, I received a phone call from a girl named Lori at some Home energy business, which I traced to Blackburn in Lancashire,England. They don't have a website, but do have a Facebook page. So they must be a real joke company.. Normally, I just put these people on hold and forget about them!! They don't even get musak!
However, I decided,sod it,let's get this sorted in my head.I had a feeling that cold calls were illegal. So, I Google. " is cold calling illegal in uk!"  The answer came back YES.  Under an Act passed into Law in 1999 it is illegal for anybody to solicit business via a cold call. Fine, I and now you, are ready for any more cold calls which I/you get.
Then I had a lightbulb moment. My landline does not appear in directories, so they must have "bought" my number or got it via a hacker (s).
So I log on,tonight and the first page I go to has adverts about stopping, yes you got it,  Cold Calls!!  It is like the lady who is in every town that you go to, getting a new face without surgery!!  There has to be GPS tracking involved in that one! So anything you do or anywhere that you go,the power of advertising is tailored to annoy you,personally and not just in general.  So who else is tracking you apart from Facebook? Think about it!!!

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube