Sunday, January 06, 2013

iOTC Painkillers Linked to Hearing Loss, Other Ailments: What are the Alternatives? | Health

OTC Painkillers Linked to Hearing Loss, Other Ailments: What are the Alternatives? | Health

Over the counter painkillers are little better than placebos as they are not strong enough to deaden pain. I suffer,badly, from arthritis and take prescription opiate painkillers, to which I am now addicted. I need to take them, whether in pain or not, otherwise I go into withdrawal, which ain't pleasant.
It starts with what is called 'rattling.' Your body vibrates inside and you cannot concentrate. Then comes the hot and cold sweats and the feeling that you must continually move about.  Then the itching and scratching begins.
If I don't immediately take pills, I would move on to vomiting and diarrhoea, which can last for days. Eventually, after 5 to 7 days of this I would be clean. Then, of course, I have nothing to alleviate the joint pain, which can be excruciating as joints rub together will no synovial fluid to lubricate them. This fluid cannot be made synthetically.
A very vicious circle indeed.
If cannabis was legalised in the UK, I would suffer the withdrawal, as I have done on four occasions and take cannabis instead, which is non addictive. I could then take it or leave it as and when I was in pain. But big pharma would make no profit from the sale of these pills which, fortunately, I get for free, due to our, pretty good, national health service.

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube