Sunday, July 03, 2011

Power out as Phoenix temps hit record 118

Power out as Phoenix temps hit record 118 - CBS News

I've been in 105 in Las Vegas at 0100 hours in the AM and that was hot, damn hot and very, very, dry. Fortunately, the bars are open 24 hrs a day. I was suffering, as I had made the five hour drive from Los Angeles, through the Mohave Desert. The roads are so straight and the speed limit so boring at 55 mph. I, stupidly, drove with my arm out the window, with a tee shirt and shorts on. When I got into my room at the Tropicana, I peeled a whole length of skin off my left arm and dropped it in the bin!!! The cleaners must have thought it was a snake skin lying there.
So, I understand what Phoenix is going through at this, even higher, temperature. Tempers will be flaring. cops will be mad and praying that they don't need riot gear! neighbours will be fighting. Hospitals will be on alert for dehydration cases and heart attack victims. The power company engineers will be up the pole, literally, as wires fry in the Sun. Railway lines will warp. 118 is defintootly, damn hot !!

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube