Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What is the cost of a pint of beer?

Inflation and earnings: what is the cost of a pint of beer? - Telegraph

I used to laugh at the old boys complaining when prices were going up for beer and spirits when I started drinking. They would say that they got beer for a couple of old pence a pint when they were young.
When I started Lager was 1/10 heavy 1/8 and light at 1/6 It increased by 2 pence just afterwards So in came the 2 bob pint !! Or 10p to you!!!! Yes 10p a pint. We got very drunk on a pound. But my first wage as an apprentice was £4.00 which I halved for housekeeping and food. Now they are talking about £4 a pint but wages are much higher now .

No comments:

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube

(1) Walmart Employees EXPOSED For Falsely Accusing Shoppers Of Theft - YouTube